A New Blog


Finally, I got down to creating my own blog. Pardon me. This is going to be a long post.

It has been a long while since I last blogged. For some strange reason, I could not retrieve my old blog. As such, I was forced to create a new one. It was heartache for me because my old blog was quite well developed. Maybe, to me.

There are so many fanciful blogs now. People who know me, know that I am actually very primitive. Technology has never been my forte. This is also why I prefer blogger over others. Keeping a blog is also a commitment. There is a lot of time required to keep it alive. I hope I'll be able to continue blogging. Writing is my passion and this is one of the best platforms for me!

It was one thing starting a blog and another thing deciding on a chic and catchy blog name. It took me at least an hour to settle on "Running with Cindy Ong". Firstly, when I googled, I could not find another blog with the same name. Secondly, there were many names I wanted but were unavailable. Well, "Running with Cindy Ong" isn't as chic as I hoped it to be. It is just a practical choice.

So, let's see where I should begin since this is my very first blog post on this account. To continue where I left off, you have to read my blogs on Just Run Lah. I blogged with JRL because I was too lazy to maintain one. It was really convenient for me back then when the inspiration to write flowed.

Anyway, it has been about four months since I got in touch with coach Lexxus Tan and his Mizuno F1 Runners and Mizuno CBD Runners teams. What started out as running to lose weight has now taken me to a whole new level. The journey I am on has been amazing and life-changing. Over the past four months, a lot has happened.

1. I have lost about 7kg. This is thanks to the Ketogenic diet on top of my training. I am still working on losing weight to achieve a lighter me for a faster me! The diet has been introduced to us by dear sis Jasmine. I have read that losing weight actually comes from diet, not exercise. My priority is to lose weight for better performance.
2. I have gone to Gold Coast and had an unforgettable runcation. My hubby actually ran 45mins faster than me in the full marathon! This could mean two things - he improved remarkably under coach Lexxus or I was running too slowly that day. Coach always says, "no excuse". Regardless of the result, I can only move forward and do my best next!

Oh. At this stage, I wasn't with F1 Runners yet. I was still training once a week with Mizuno CBD Runners and about twice a week on my own for the marathon's sake. It then became once a week post-marathon. Just for background information, my hubby was running slower than me despite my return to running six years later (while he was still running) prior to joining Mizuno F1 Runners. If he could run 45mins faster than me, it really meant something. Read his testimonial here.



3. Through my training with CBD Runners, I have also seen improvements. I surprised myself with a 24:25 finish during the Garmin 5km Progressive Run. I finished with 1:43:03 at the Straits Times 18.45km run. In the most recent Shape Run, I completed the 10km run with a 51:29.

I am hopeful if I receive more professional training, I might be able to shave off more from my current time. Therefore, I decided to join Mizuno F1 Runners. That's after much discussion with my hubby, coach and mother-in-law (my parents-in-laws are really instrumental in my running journey).

And so, I started my official F1 trainings last week. It wasn't easy but I am enjoying the challenges. Getting myself out of my comfort zone would probably be one of the best ways to push my limits. I am excited to see how much farther and faster I could go.

Official first week with Mizuno F1 Runners and this was one of the
most treacherous trainings I have received. More to come.

4. In August, we had a send off party for the SEA Games marathoners. Following that, six of us from the CBD Runners and F1 Runners team went to KL to support the marathoners. It was a natural and obvious decision because Jasmine was racing. We must go and give her our utmost support. At the same time, we went there to support the other Singapore representatives.

On this trip, there were many interesting happenings. I have been honoured to witness the tenacity and grits of some of the best distance runners in the S.E.A. region. I could understand what made them different besides being talented.

It was also a very touching and proud moment when Soh Rui Yong came in champion and we stood singing the National Anthem. I was also honoured to have acquainted with Rui Yong, Rachel and Dr Mok - all my idols (of course I have more) and shared a photo with Agus Prayogo. I also got to know more like-minded runners from Singapore. More running friends made!

The camaraderie spirit was so strong at the games particularly when the F1 team chipped in to render tangible support to the runners. Lastly, there was so much laughter, fun, walking, crapping around and eating that made the trip one of my best short getaways ever. Not forgetting all the "VVIP" treatments we received. I would agree to go on another trip with them again in a heartbeat.

With Dr Mok, Jasmine and Rachel at the airport.

Wishing them all the best!


Scored a photo with Agus Prayogo.

With the other supporters early in the morning, on race day.

So proud of Jasmine sis for competing in and completing the SEA Games.


With the marathoners. Well done to all of them.

Very nice and generous of Rui Yong to let me put on his hard-earned medal.

An honour to be in this photo with them.
All of them humble without the air of an elite.

5. I have come to know many people in the running community. There are so many people out there who are inspirational and motivational. I have really gained a lot knowing them.

6. Mizuno F1 Runners' mantra is the 3D - discipline, determination and dedication. Prior to joining them, these words haven't taken so much meaning in my life. I had them all but I always found excuses not to live them. However, seeing how these 3Ds could change a person's life, I have applied them into my own. I live them and breathe them, not just in running but also in other aspects of my life.

So, there you go. A long catch up here. 'Till the next post!

Comments

Post a Comment